It’s time to take your cooking to the next level with CBD oil! A popular ingredient among the health food sector, CBD oil can help you with a wide array of health problems and chronic illnesses. Whether it’s anxiety, nausea, inflammation or insomnia, consumers can reap the many benefits of CBD by incorporating our lab-tested oils into their foods.
Discover our 3 favourite CBD-infused recipes this month.
1. CBD Pesto Pasta with Spicy Shrimp
From: The Herb Somm
CBD Raw Pesto:
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Royal CBD 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- A pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For the pesto: rinse off the leafy greens under cold water and place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the pesto becomes a smooth sauce.
- Scoop the pesto sauce with a spoon and transfer it to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- For the shrimp pasta:in a large pot, boil water over medium heat and add the uncooked penne pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Grab a large saucepan and heat butter along with olive oil over medium heat until fully melted.
- Dip both sides of the shrimp in the previously ground red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper before adding them to the pan. Once added, squeeze in the lemon juice and cook until the shrimp turns pink on each side.
- Wash the asparagus and cut into 2-inch blocks. Add the asparagus to the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Once your shrimp have been thoroughly cooked, add the pasta and asparagus to the pan. Saute for about a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix in 6–8 tablespoons of pesto. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and top the meal with shaved Parmesan cheese.
2. Nourishing Green Smoothie
- 1 cup organic pineapple (frozen chunks)
- 1 cup fresh organic kale (or 1/2 cup frozen)
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach (or 1/2 cup frozen)
- 1/4 avocado (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed organic lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon marine collagen peptide (or 1 scoop organic plant protein)
- 1 whole dropper of 500mg full-spectrum CBD Oil (12.5mg)
- Coconut water (or other liquid to blend)
- Combine all ingredients in order in a blender.
- Top with coconut water or desired liquid (such as milk or water). Blend until smooth.
3. Cookies & Cream CBD Cheesecake Bites
From: My Tiny Laguna Kitchen
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter
Cream Cheese Filling
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of vanilla bean paste
- 5 full droppers of CBD oil
- For the dough: Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa, vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder. Add the egg along with coconut oil and stir well until combined.
- Scoop out the cookies and place each piece on a prepared sheet of parchment paper. They should be about 1–2 inches wide when pressed down.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12–15 minutes or until they get crispy.
- Let the cookies cool down to room temperature. They will crisp up as they lose the heat, so don’t panic if they are softer at the beginning.
- For the filling: Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until smooth.
- Fold in half of the crumbled cookies and stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop out one ball of the cheesecake filling and empty the scoop right on top of the remaining cookie crumbles. Roll to make sure the cream cheese mass is covered in the cookies.
- Move your cheesecake bites to the freezer (or fridge if you don’t mind waiting a bit longer). Serve cold.