CBD topicals are quickly becoming one of the most popular methods for reaping the benefits of CBD.
CBD Lotion Can Help With
Full spectrum CBD oil is rich in phyto-cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, amino acids, vitamins and other active compounds found in the cannabis plant. Cannabidiol is a powerful antioxidant that contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Due to these properties, CBD topicals have been praised for their ability to relieve and eliminate a variety of skin problems such as eczema and acne.
Not only do CBD topicals work wonders on skin conditions, they also provide effective relief for chronic joint and muscle pain or inflammation. Infused lotions, salves, or balms have been shown to provide quick and effective relief from chronic or acute localized pain because they are absorbed deep into the skin.
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM APPLYING CBD TOPICALLY, YOU CAN TRY TO MAKE YOUR OWN CBD-INFUSED LOTION, BALM, OR SALVE.
Making your own CBD-infused topical is much simpler than you might think.
Topical products are easy to customize depending on your personal preferences and needs. Try our recipe below for a simple, quick, and incredibly moisturizing DIY CBD-infused lotion.
- 1/3 cup oil of your choice (Avocado, Olive or Coconut oil are great options)
- 1/3 cup Beeswax, Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- 1 tsp CBD oil (can be adjusted based on your desired strength)
- Optional: essential oils of your choice
- Heat oil and beeswax/butter in a double boiler until melted.
- Add CBD oil and simmer over low heat until fully combined – make sure you do not to overheat.
- Allow to cool slightly and add essential oils of your choice.
- Cool mixture in the freezer until partially solidified.
- Whip mixture with a hand or stand mixer until a smooth, whipped texture is achieved.
- Pour into storage container. A glass jar with a tight-fitting lid is the best option.